File Transfer (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:47
Any time you include a folder with a space in the name, you have to worry about quotes. If you concatenate the whole path, I guess it wouldn't be a problem because the entire string usually must be enclosed in quotes. However, there have been times when I had to deal with someone else's crappy folder naming and concatenating static folder portions with subfolder names. If you're asking why you'd ever need to deal with folder paths, then retrieving/storing pics, pdf's, documents, etc. or embedded or linked images used in controls I guess.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 13:47
Any time you include a folder with a space in the name, you have to worry about quotes. If you concatenate the whole path, I guess it wouldn't be a problem because the entire string usually must be enclosed in quotes. However, there have been times when I had to deal with someone else's crappy folder naming and concatenating static folder portions with subfolder names. If you're asking why you'd ever need to deal with folder paths, then retrieving/storing pics, pdf's, documents, etc. or embedded or linked images used in controls I guess.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom