Filter Button Not Working (1 Viewer)

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:55
Hello,

I have a database that I have been using for the past 2 years which from this week has started giving some trouble. In the main form there are different categories which before I would use the filter button on the ribbon to narrow searches within a category.

However, from this week, whenever I click the filter button it clears all the data that has been entered and I have to close the form and reopen it for the data to reappear and then search manually by scrolling through the records.

I have tried compressing and repairing but the problem continues.

Any ideas what might be the cause and how it can be fixed?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:55
Maybe it's an update bug. Do you know if you just upgraded your version?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:55
Something must have changed. Software update?

Does this happen with all db files? Does it happen with this file on another computer?

Doesn't sound like issue with specific file but the Access app. Maybe uninstall/reinstall.

Want to provide your db for analysis?

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Something must have changed. Software update?

Does this happen with all db files? Does it happen with this file on another computer?

Doesn't sound like issue with specific file but the Access app. Maybe uninstall/reinstall.

Want to provide your db for analysis?
Hi. This is the main db I work in, the other one I am only now building it so I haven't noticed any issues...yet.

I think as theDBguy said it is probably a system update issue.

Is there a way to restore the previous version of access only?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:55
A Windows update would not update Access.

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you! When I check the version history I see there was an update on April 11th which is probably what caused the issue; and an update on April 25th. I just did the April 25th update hoping it was a bug fix but no luck. So I will try restoring the version before April 11th to see if that works.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom