Filter by form, with a twist (1 Viewer)

jnolfo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:15
I am trying to build a query based on a number of factors. First, I am referencing a table of sales [ALL_SALES_DETAILS] and data within a form [frm_MainMenu]. In the table, one of the fields is the the transaction date [TRANS_DATE] and I am trying to figure out the [MaxOfTRANS_DATE] based on limiting the criteria being less than a date in the form, [TYpromostart].

I am trying to differentiate those customers who have not bought for a while (more than 24 months) and those who have.

Here is the code that works with a hard coded date of 3/29/14 for [TYpromostart].

SELECT ALL_SALES_DETAILS.ID_END, Max(ALL_SALES_DETAILS.TRANS_DATE) AS MaxOfTRANS_DATE, DateAdd("y",0,[Forms]![frm_MainMenu]![TYpromostart]) AS MaxDate, IIf("[MaxOfTRANS_DATE]"<"[MaxDate]",1,0) AS New24
FROM ALL_SALES_DETAILS
GROUP BY ALL_SALES_DETAILS.ID_END
HAVING (((Max(ALL_SALES_DETAILS.TRANS_DATE))<#3/29/2014#))
ORDER BY Max(ALL_SALES_DETAILS.TRANS_DATE);

What I am trying to do is not have to hard code the 3/29/14 and dynamically use the [frm_MainMenu]![TYpromostart].

Thoughts? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 11:15
Is the ultimate goal always calculating 24 months back, or is it allowing the user to input the data on which to calculate? I understand not hard coding 3/29/2014, but if you are always looking 24 months back, you can write code that looks at todays date and calculates that date for you:

DateAdd("m", -24, Date())

jnolfo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:15
Plog,

The begin date of the would be based on the input in the form, which would be allowing the user to input the date on which to calculate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom