Filtering Reports (1 Viewer)

MaaattC

Local time
Today, 02:18
Hey everyone,

I was just interested in understanding how to filter my reports so only specific columns are displayed for them. For instance, if I have a table with the columns name, country, and job title - how would one filter a report so only two of the columns will appear as opposed to the entire table?

Thank you for your help.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:18
make your report textbox unbound.
on load you set their Control source, beginning on the first going to the right.
same with label caption.
hide those without Control Source.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 20:18
It's hard to know a users sophistication when they have a low post count and post an odd question. So, I have to ask---how and why?

How will this be a filter? Do you want the user to have the ability at report runtime to hide colums they choose? Or is his a permanent thing? You want a report that will never show a particular column?

Why do you need that? What does giving the user the ability to hide colums do?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:18
Welcome aboard. To explain further, filters refer to record/row selection, not to column selection. When you are building a report using the wizard, start with a query that selects only the columns you want to include. Then rather than the table, use the query. The wizard won't include all the columns in the table. It will include only what you selected in the query. You can also use this opportunity to arrange the columns so select them in the order you want the wizard to use them when building the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom