find duplicates query problems in Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

jeo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:40
I get a very strange error when trying to create a find duplicates query. When i try to select a table that has duplicate values it brings up a message box and it says that i must pick a table that has at least one field that's not a memo or OLE data type. I look at my table and I have niether of those in it...pretty much just text and number fields. Does anyone know what's going on? I can't figure it out and it is driving me absolutely crazy. Thank you!:confused::eek:

jal

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
I get a very strange error when trying to create a find duplicates query. When i try to select a table that has duplicate values it brings up a message box and it says that i must pick a table that has at least one field that's not a memo or OLE data type. I look at my table and I have niether of those in it...pretty much just text and number fields. Does anyone know what's going on? I can't figure it out and it is driving me absolutely crazy. Thank you!:confused::eek:

Can you clarify what exactly you mean by "select a table" ? Are you using a wizard, or the query editor? (If the latter, care to provide your code here?) Also, have you typed the error message into google to see if anyone else having same probem?

jeo

Registered User.
Local time
I'm using a Query Wizard. It lets me select a table, but when I click on "Next" button, it gives me that error message as if my table has fields that are only memo and OLE, but that is not the case. I searched everywhere I could think. I didn't find anything that specific. It's as if some setting on my computer is preventing it from doing what I want it to do. Weird, very weird. Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
What happens if you try without using the wizard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom