Find (1 Viewer)

chuckster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:12
I have a find button on a form created using the wizard. Is there a way that I can edit the find options in the find box so that it searches from the start of field without having to select it manually.
I can change the Find/Edit under tools|options so that it defaults to this but I would have to do that on every computer running the db.

Any ideas

Luke.

RpbertS

Registered User.
Local time
sure can you need to use a macro though, good thing I do something similar =)

create a new macro on the first line put sendkeys then at the bottom where it says keystrokes put this %ha%e%o%n
on the next line down put runcommand and then at the bottom for Command put Find. Save it as Find

now for your find button go to the onClick event tab and use the down arrow and select the macro Find.

play with that if you need more help reply

chuckster

Registered User.
Local time
Very good thankyou, but I did it the other way around.

[This message has been edited by chuckster (edited 02-17-2001).]

V

Vegas

Just in case anyone's curious, I used this code: SendKeys "{bs}{tab}a{tab}s{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}"

The {bs} backspace is needed because the "Find Next" command button is sometimes activated and sometimes not (it won't be for a first search but it will be for subsequent searches). If you clear out the "Find What" field the "Find Next" button becomes deactivated and your tab count stays consistent.
The {a} key is just my personal form name and the {s} key is the "start of field" (use {a} for "any part of field" or {w} for "whole field"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom