Finding a Library Database (1 Viewer)

David Fletcher

Local time
Today, 03:07
I have some access applications that use a lot of common code. I have put this common code in a separate database, and in each application I set up a reference to this separate library database. When finished, both the app and the lib db's are "compiled" as .mde files. When this is first done all his code is in a folder where it is developed. However, when the software is used it will be in a folder on a different computer. The path and name of the folder on the target computer will be completely variable. To test that the app can still find the lib I move them to a different path and folder on my development computer and I find that the app has difficulty finding the lib. According to the help in Access (97 by the way) the app should try the path the reference to the lib in the app points to, then the current folder, then it should search the current drive, but this does not seem to happen. I have one app where it does find the lib in the current folder and one where it appears to loose it. Anybody got any experience with this? HELP! Thanks.

[This message has been edited by David Fletcher (edited 05-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by David Fletcher (edited 05-09-2001).]

chadt

Registered User.
Local time
heres a idea that might work for you...instead of using access to create the lib...use VB and create a DLL program and write all you common code there...then you can just plop is someplace on the clients machine...and its there.

Peace

Keith P

Registered User.
Local time
I am not sure about Access97 but for Access2000 the problem is only resolved at SR1a, "ACC2000: An MDE File That References Another MDE File Cannot Run Code After Both Are Moved to Another Folder"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom