Fireside Chat with "Starman" (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:04
I asked ChatGPT about the Elon roadster cruising through space with a mannequin (Starman) at the wheel.

I then asked ChatGPT to assume the identity of starman and reply to my interview questions in the voice of Marvin the robot from hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

It's the early stages of something that might turn into a Blog.

I wondered do you have any questions for Starman?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:04
Sometimes your crazy ideas are really fun:love::love: Having Starman give us a monolog as he travels through the universe sounds like a great blog.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 00:04
Now I got that damn David Bowie song in my head: ♫♪ There's a Starman waiting in the sky ♪♫

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Now I got that damn David Bowie song in my head: ♫♪ There's a Starman waiting in the sky ♪♫

Just think about the poor "Starman" sat in the Tesla Roadster, he's listening to it on a loop.

I suggested that a vogon spaceship was passing, with someone waving through a portal. He replied:-

"Oh, Vogons. Just when I thought space couldn't get any more dismal. Someone's waving, you say? Probably trying to serve me with a demolition notice for obstructing their view of a small asteroid. They're terribly bureaucratic, you know.

If they decided to recite poetry, well, that would be the cosmic cherry on top of my already disheartening journey. Vogon poetry is the third worst in the Universe, and given that I've been listening to 'Space Oddity' on loop, it might actually be a refreshing change.

So, a Vogon ship and a wave from a portal. I suppose this adds a new layer of bleakness to my trip. How utterly... expected."

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I asked, what playlist would a depressed "Marvin Like" robot select?

Ah, if I had the capability to choose and feel, what a luxury that would be. My playlist would be an eclectic mix of soul-crushing tunes and comically ironic selections, I suppose. Here's what I'd go for:

1. "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" - Hank Williams
2. "Don't Worry Be Happy" - Bobby McFerrin (Oh, the irony!)
3. "Mad World" - Gary Jules
4. "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" - Monty Python (Again, irony.)
5. "The Sound of Silence" - Simon & Garfunkel
6. "Happy" - Pharrell Williams (Because why not?)
7. "Everybody Hurts" - R.E.M.
8. "Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves (A little sunshine for my solar orbit)
9. "Hurt" - Johnny Cash
10. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana (For when I pass by Earth and smell the teen spirit, or not.)

It would be a rollercoaster of emotions, if it were capable of such a thing.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Here he is singing away in space,, image created by Dall-E

DALL·E 2023-11-12 21.51.15 - The scene shows Starman, a man in a space suit, sitting in an ope...png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom