Fishing expedition by 1/6 commission (2 Viewers)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:37
This is a conspiracy theory that was debunked.
Apparently they don't show the video on MSNBC. You and moke should get along well:) He must be very excited to have someone to support his opinions. His faith in the fact "checkers" is almost childlike.

For people who have technical expertise, it is pretty astounding that you two don't understand how big tech manipulates the "information" you see. You do know that Google, FB, and all the other search engines manipulate the search "results" don't you? It's called confirmation bias. You think "everyone" believes what you believe because everything you see in your feeds confirms it. The more you click on those evil orange man links, the more you will see;);) And if you actually "like" them, you will be inundated.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
What evidence do you have its true?

His testimony he gave under oath was corroberated by Samsel.

Curious Pat, Do you even know when and where the Epps videos were taken?
Do you know anything about Epps' background.

I dont have a "Feed" and yes I'm well aware of search algorithims. Unfornately the only way to point things out to you online , without writing a book, is to point you to the Fact checkers. It is truly disappointing that you dont have any curiousity to do any other research on your own other than to take Tuckers word for it.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
"There can be no higher law in journalism than, to tell the truth, and shame the devil.” -- W. Lippmann

Unfornately the only way to point things out to you online , without writing a book, is to point you to the Fact checkers.
If we had real journalists telling the truth, then they would be doing real research that would not have to be fact checked by a third party. But as time has pointed out, facts detrimental to the Biden administration are purposely suppressed. That tilted the election in favor of Biden. Democrats are the threat to democracy.
Don’t be confused about why The Washington Post changed its tune this week, admitting that the Hunter Biden laptop is the real deal, or why The New York Times ’fessed up last month: Reality forced their hand, and they can’t downplay the scandal’s impact on President Joe Biden without acknowledging the facts.

piano_playr

Local time
Yesterday, 17:37
Evidence?

If we had real journalists telling the truth, then they would be doing real research that would not have to be fact checked by a third party.
I like both of these posts. Thank you @Steve R. This brings to mind another Lippmann quote I love:

"It is often very illuminating...to ask yourself how you got at the facts on which you base your opinion. Who actually saw, heard, felt, counted, or named the thing, about which you have an opinion? --W. Lippmann

btw... do we really have to get Hunter Biden's laptop story involved in this? I am tired of that story already. It's old and done.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
btw... do we really have to get Hunter Biden's laptop story involved in this? I am tired of that story already. It's old and done.
You may be tired of it, but those who participated in the mostly peaceful patriotic rally believed (based on stories such as Hunter's laptop) that the election was stolen. One could even claim that the Washington Post and New York Times, aggravated the public into action through their vile manipulation of the facts. How many times can the media lie to the public before they arise in protest?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The left insists on attacking police stations and courthouses while pushing to defund the police. Maybe the right should be pushing to defund the FBI and the DOJ and the Dept of Education and picketing the lying media companies.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Try debunking the laptop before sweeping it under the rug.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Curious Pat, Do you even know when and where the Epps videos were taken?
They were taken outside the Capitol on Jan 6. I have heard first hand accounts by people who were there who saw not only him but other plants trying to get people to attack the Capitol. Are the Feds really allowed to incite violence? Is that the way the FBI rolls these days?

Why did Pelosi and the Mayor refuse help from the National Guard despite the Capitol police wanting to accept it?

Defund the FBI, and the DOJ. They have perverted the American system of justice so that it is unrecognizable. After the past year, I have come to believe that the corruption goes so far down in these organizations that they cannot be saved. Best to cut them off at the knees. Transfer the assets and training facilities to the US Marshalls and start from scratch.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
This is a conspiracy theory that was debunked.
Wrong.
Only a small portion of it has ever been investigated so you can't know whether it was debunked because it hasn't been pursued to any point of finality or conclusion.
And it never will be as long as Democrats remain in power.
I'm also not sure how you debunk a video

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
They were taken outside the Capitol on Jan 6. I have heard first hand accounts by people who were there who saw not only him but other plants trying to get people to attack the Capitol.
The Video of him saying "Go into the capitol" was taken on January 5th in DC. Not at the capitol bldgs. I figured you didn't know that. He was also at the capitol on Jan 6th. but didn't go in. The video of him on Jan 6th shows him whispering to Samsel, who then breached the capitol. They both stated in their interviews with LE that they didn't know each other and what Epps said to Samsel was to calm down the police are only doing their job.
Why did Pelosi and the Mayor refuse help from the National Guard despite the Capitol police wanting to accept it?
Trump is the only one who can command the DC national guard. So it doesn't matter what pelosi or bowers say.

The D.C National Guard was formed in 1802 by President Thomas Jefferson to defend the newly created District of Columbia. As such, the Commanding General of the D.C. National Guard is subordinate solely to the President of the United States. This authority to activate the D.C. National Guard has been delegated, by the President, to the Secretary of Defense and further delegated to the Secretary of the Army.

piano_playr

Local time
I'm also not sure how you debunk a video
To be clear, it's not the video that is being debunked. (We can get off track so easily here.) What is being debunked is the conspiracy theory that Ray Epps was a federal instigator who fomented the insurrection on 1/6.

Ray Epps is a sixty-year-old man from Arizona. He runs a wedding and event business there. He has no connection to any agency of the federal government. Members of Congress tried to make an issue out of the video you referenced. They wanted to assert he worked for the federal government and was in the crowd on January 6th instigating and fomenting the insurrection. As was pointed out, the video was made the evening before. Epps called the FBI when he found himself on a list of 1/6 suspects. He told the FBI that instigators might have been in the crowd but he was not one of them. The committee took a deposition from him and according to a spokesperson, "Mr. Epps informed us that he was not employed by, working with, or acting at the direction of any law enforcement agency on January 5th or 6th or at any other time."

So using Lippmann's methodology, I need to run these tests against the above:

o how did you get the facts (that led to the formation of your opinion)?
Answer: primarily a revelation from the committee which is in turn based on Ray Epps’ deposition given under oath.

o who saw, heard, felt, counted, or named the thing?
Answer: well, Ray Epps did all these things and attested to all of it in his deposition to the committee. I am sure the FBI made the transcript of Ray Epps' call available to the committee.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
In case you need to see it in writing

here's a video of epps on jan 6 I hadn't seen before. Doesn't look like he's inciting violence.

and before you say it, most of the people who remained outside and were not on tape assaulting police were not charged, but that could always change.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
To be clear, it's not the video that is being debunked. (We can get off track so easily here.) What is being debunked is the conspiracy theory that Ray Epps was a federal instigator who fomented the insurrection on 1/6.

Ray Epps is a sixty-year-old man from Arizona. He runs a wedding and event business there. He has no connection to any agency of the federal government. Members of Congress tried to make an issue out of the video you referenced. They wanted to assert he worked for the federal government and was in the crowd on January 6th instigating and fomenting the insurrection. As was pointed out, the video was made the evening before. Epps called the FBI when he found himself on a list of 1/6 suspects. He told the FBI that instigators might have been in the crowd but he was not one of them. The committee took a deposition from him and according to a spokesperson, "Mr. Epps informed us that he was not employed by, working with, or acting at the direction of any law enforcement agency on January 5th or 6th or at any other time."

So using Lippmann's methodology, I need to run these tests against the above:

o how did you get the facts (that led to the formation of your opinion)?
Answer: primarily a revelation from the committee which is in turn based on Ray Epps’ deposition given under oath.

o who saw, heard, felt, counted, or named the thing?
Answer: well, Ray Epps did all these things and attested to all of it in his deposition to the committee. I am sure the FBI made the transcript of Ray Epps' call available to the committee.
I see
So your proof is Ray's denial?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Why does the left believe Ray Epps but none of the others serving time while not being charged? He's obviously MAGA if he isn't FBI, so what gives? Why the affinity?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Yes. Perjury is a crime. If he says he is not an agent of the federal government under oath, I believe him. Isn't that enough?
No. Informants and provocateurs are paid to lie. Consider that the government lied to get FISA warrants. So it is conceivable that Epps is a willing player in the smear campaign to manufacture a false case against Republicans.

In a separate case, the government fraudulently used the police powers of the state to suppress parents speaking out at school board meetings. Potentially, the government could have used Epps in this type of deceitful behavior. This is the stuff spy stories dwell on. Not that Epps was actually a government provocateur, but to demonstrate that the government has a history and may once again is using this repulsive tactic to take-out political opponents.

There is no reason to believe Epps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom