Flags for dates reminder (1 Viewer)

ddowney

Local time
Today, 18:05
I need help for a flag in my database to informed the data entry clerks that the 24 weeks is almost up for this intervention. The data is uploaded to gateway and in order for each record to receive a count we must include them but there is a 24 week cut off from the date of the last invertvention. So I am try to flag each record 24 weeks from the date of input.

AccessMSSQL

Seasoned Programmer-ette
Local time
Today, 15:05
Okay. sounds like you need a bit more complex solution than a simple query.

AccessMSSQL

Seasoned Programmer-ette
Local time
are you just trying to date stamp the record 24 weeks from entry date?

AccessMSSQL

Seasoned Programmer-ette
Local time
Or do you want a form to pop up when the user opens the database that lists the records that need attention? If you want the form to pop up just use the query I gave you above and create a bound form that is based on that query. You can have it pop up several ways - either using an autoexec macro or some VBA code in the Open event of your main menu (if you have a startup form).

ddowney

Local time
Yes, i want to identify an intervention end date that has to be reported prior to 24 weeks.
Thank you

ddowney

Local time
I am very new to this type of interaction, so you mention you gave me a query example but I do not see it and what does post count mean, thanks again

ddowney

Local time
I will try the suggestion from the link you sent me, looks like that might work.

Thank you for your help

AccessMSSQL

Seasoned Programmer-ette
Local time
I am very new to this type of interaction, so you mention you gave me a query example but I do not see it and what does post count mean, thanks again

This is the query example that will give you all records that will end within the next 5 days

select * from YourTable where DateAdd("ww",24,EntryDate)-Date() <=5

You can put this in the query SQL window after you click on Create Query. You will have to change the object names in the query to reference your table and the field that stores the entry date.

ddowney

Local time
So far so good, I am working on it and the query worked great. I went into feedback to mark solved, hope that is what they want

ddowney

Local time
Cheryl, I am going to try the pop up as per your suggestion as it is exactly what I require. I have never created a pop up before but will take your information and try my best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom