Question Flexgrids propertys and methods missing in Access (1 Viewer)

M4RK 1

Local time
Today, 16:56
When I add any of the usual flexgrids (heirarchical etc) as ActiveX controls to an Access form most of the methods and properties are missing.

I don't particularly like subforms in Access. Flexgrids in pure VB6 look how I want.I'm fairly sure I have added the right references in the VBA IDE

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Tx

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:56
You don't need to add a reference in the VBA IDE when you add some control to your form. If the control is registered properly it shows up in the toolbar, containing all controls. Are you sure it is the same control in Access as the one you use in VB6?
If so, you can few its properties by rightclicking the control and select the controlspecific properties from the menu. You should see a different property window. Specific to this type of control.

HTH:D

M4RK 1

Local time
Today, 16:56
Thanks for coming back Guus. I think the problem must be registration as it's not showing in the toolbar.

The control is listed Insert>ActiveX controls but I get the limited version.

As you know a simple Set GRID.Datasource = Rst will fill it but there's no Datasource property

I've heard a rumour that a security patch affected some items like this so do you know the proper way to resolve it?

Incidentally, This isn't the only problem i'm getting. There are several other controls with the same functionality problems including the calendar control v11

tx

Last edited:

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:56
I didn't want to be the one to tell you but i am afraid that reinstalling Access (or Office complete) will resolve your problems. Due to the kind of errors you are getting.

HTH:D

wisekat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:56
I stumbled across this old thread, but decided to write my answer as it may help with MSFlexGrid and other ActiveX components.

When we drop an ActiveX control onto an MS Access form and try to access its members in the VBA code editor using the syntax "<control_name>.", we will not see all the methods and properties defined in the ActiveX. Access hides most of them and provides you with the members related to its form host environment. However, even if you do not see the properties and methods define in the ActiveX itself, you CAN use them.

But we have a way to make our life simpler and use IntelliSense for that. We need to define a temporary object of the ActiveX control type and assign "<control_name>.Object" to it. Then you will see all the native members of the ActiveX in the IntelliSense list when you type in "." (dot). For MSFlexGrid, this looks like the following:

Code:
Dim flxgrd As MSFlexGrid
Set flxgrd = MSFlexGrid0.Object

Now, when you type in "flxgrd.", you see all the properties and methods of FlexGrid, including the DataSource property you mentioned ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom