For all motorcycle lovers (1 Viewer)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 12:41
If you own/drive a motor cycle running on fossile fuel, this is the time to get it sold and replace it with this :

Last edited:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
So you replaced your motorcycle with an L1X-75 ? :D

emcf

Local time
Today, 11:41
i guess this is the way motoring is going in the medium term. i reckon they still need 10-15 years to improve it so that it will sell on the mass market. 50mph is not really sufficient for everyday driving. an electric moped would be a better bet for me than an electric harley/sportsbike....mopeds never get that fast, are used around town so would seem to suit electric tech better than a fast road bike. surely that bike in the video weighs a ton with those batteries....

i'd need speakers to be added, the engine noise is a material part of the motorbike experience, and is also a safety feature.

i will be mostly riding an internal combustion bike until some clever person invents the starwars speeder!:cool:

Lister

Z Shift
Local time
Today, 22:41
Sorry that an't a bike,

Now that's a bike.

And this is a bike...

Sure the eco bike is a "nifty" round town Commuter, but it can't match it with the real thing.
But they can keep on trying, if there is anything that humans are really good at is coming up with better ideas.

But I'll take a supermotard any day of the week. :cool:

statsman

Local time
Today, 06:41
You can tell which is which. The lower one needs a muffler.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
50mph is not really sufficient for everyday driving. an electric moped would be a better bet for me than an electric harley/sportsbike....mopeds never get that fast,

Hardly Driveables don't go that fast anyway do they?

If by "mopeds" you mean scooters - I have a Suzuki 400 maxi-scooter which cruises at 90 - 95 and will just top the ton if needed (so I've been told:eek: )

So hows the bike riding coming on EMC?

Col

emcf

Local time
Hardly Driveables don't go that fast anyway do they?

If by "mopeds" you mean scooters - I have a Suzuki 400 maxi-scooter which cruises at 90 - 95 and will just top the ton if needed (so I've been told:eek: )

So hows the bike riding coming on EMC?

Col

hey col,

sv650s going well:D :D loving every day, although the battery catches me out quite often, doesn't seem to hold a charge very well. up to speed at filtering through london rush hour now, it makes it fun to go to work in the morning!

i've added a fuel exhaust, new chain & sprockets (up two teeth on back) and just fitted a scottoiler. my tool kit has increased exponentially over the last few months...here was me thinking biking was a nice cheap thing to do!

i've only come off it once so far, it was stationary thankfully - one of those sidestand-didn't-quite-engage-right moments:eek: only damage was a broken clutch lever, £4 from ebay to replace.

re the 'leccy scooters - i had a shot of one at the place where i did my DAS...quite fun although it felt loosely bolted together. the brakes on it were shockingly bad...almost binned it in front of the lad who owns the shop!

emcf

Local time
bad news re the bike.....had a crash tonight on the a40 just outside euston. lost the front end and me and bike went sliding into the back of a minicab. no real injuries for me thank God, that'll be the proper kit doing its job. can't remember what made me lose the front end, it just went during a turn that i've done a thousand times. can't remember the exact speed but nothing stupid as i was joining a busy road - had to have been around the 30 mark. can't believe i got away so lightly, there were heaps of cars around me yet they all avoided me. when the front end slipped i truly did think 'sh+t, this is it...'.

the minicab driver and his 4 passengers were great, called an ambulance as i was lolling about on the ground in a daze and made sure i was ok. big thanks to the ambulance and coppers who attended the scene.

my poor sv didn't fare so well - smashed front fairings, gear shift assembly is hanging by the con rod and various smashed plastic bits too. thankfully i went down on the left side so the nice exhaust i put on a while back is fine:). not sure if the forks are straight though.

anyway, all's well that ends well.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
bad news re the bike.....had a crash tonight on the a40 just outside euston. lost the front end and me and bike went sliding into the back of a minicab. no real injuries for me thank God, that'll be the proper kit doing its job. can't remember what made me lose the front end, it just went during a turn that i've done a thousand times. can't remember the exact speed but nothing stupid as i was joining a busy road - had to have been around the 30 mark. can't believe i got away so lightly, there were heaps of cars around me yet they all avoided me. when the front end slipped i truly did think 'sh+t, this is it...'.

the minicab driver and his 4 passengers were great, called an ambulance as i was lolling about on the ground in a daze and made sure i was ok. big thanks to the ambulance and coppers who attended the scene.

my poor sv didn't fare so well - smashed front fairings, gear shift assembly is hanging by the con rod and various smashed plastic bits too. thankfully i went down on the left side so the nice exhaust i put on a while back is fine:). not sure if the forks are straight though.

anyway, all's well that ends well.

Sorry about that EMC. Thats a real sod. I know it's a pig, but the old maxim applies - at the end of the day a bike is just metal. Glad you wern't injured.

It shakes you up a bit though:rolleyes:

Hang in there

Col

emcf

Local time
looks like it is going to cost me about £200-odd to get the bike back to being close to perfect....

front left footpeg hanger -£40 (v.hard to find a 2nd hand one of these:mad: )
gear shift lever - £15
rose joint & con rod - £12
front fairing - £??? new one will be extortionate but there is one on ebay that is black which will look cool beside the yellow right and left fairings:D
headlight assembly - £99
headlight frame - £50
(and a new helmet as the one i was wearing took a hefty bang to the side - another £300)

the headlight and frame are bodge-able i think, if i can sort it with cable ties and a bit of bending then i'll not have to shell out £150:eek:

injuries on me are healing, left knee ok but sore but right hand still pretty swollen. whole body pretty stiff and sore really.

sorry for hijacking your 'leccy moped thread rak!

statsman

Local time
We're having a lot of fun in Canada with motorcycles at the moment. The riding season here is essentially 6 month (May to October). At other times its either too cold or it snows so the bike is generally put away.
The insurance companies have decided you may no longer insure your bike for only 6 months. They want a full 12 month policy and premiums.
The result: people are getting rid of their motorcycles. Check ebay.ca. There are hundreds available.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
The result: people are getting rid of their motorcycles. Check ebay.ca. There are hundreds available.
They've been hitting us with this in the States for years... my insurance only runs about $150 a year, though. I've actually been thinking about adding another cruiser to my collection lately, so thanks for the heads up:D

...do Canadian bikes come standard with oil heaters? ;)

statsman

Local time
The 2 above aren't really motorcycles. They're running on tracks.

Rak:
You forgot to include a shot of the motorcycles with spiked wheels for racing on ice.
Thats a Dutch thing isn't it?

Last edited:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 03:41
Rak:
You forgot to include a shot of the motorcycles with spiked wheels for racing on ice.

Dutch? They have been racing motorcycles on ice in Canada almost forever... ATVs also...

Actually I think that if it has an engine and wheels the Quebecois and Albertans in particular will race it on ice, snow, mud, dirt, uphill and through the woods...

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
The 2 above aren't really motorcycles. They're running on tracks.

Rak:

Not sure if that's a dutch invention, but the other day I went to Luxemburg to go Ice karting.
Seems to be the new hype and it's a lot of fun actually.
Here I'm holding off Schumacher in turn 3 ;) :D

statsman

Local time
I remember when I was a kid they had a show on US TV called Wide World of Sports.

Almost every year they had ice racing from Holland. They used 250cc standard motorcycles but the tires had 4 inch spikes on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom