For Colin Essex (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:51
When Wifey and I were in Toronto, we found that everyone ate at pubs in the evening. So we found one and ate there. First thing I learned was that lamb stew and chips was a poorly spiced stew with oily French fries. However, it was palatable. Bland but palatable. The second thing I learned was that at the time, the Toronto pub patrons had about the same extremely negative opinion of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team as the New Orleans bar patrons had of the New Orleans Saints Football team. (That would be American football.) That would have been several years before the Saints finally won a Super Bowl and the Lombardi Trophy.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 07:51
Since the topic of food came up. In the US, the continental breakfasts (served at hotels) tend to be inedible, especially since Covid. Recently we visited Montreal, CN. The continental breakfast, at the hotel we stayed at, was A+. Fresh fruit, fresh croissants, hard-boiled eggs, and really good coffee using real plates and silverware. The atmosphere of the hotel's restaurant was also very welcoming. Quite a difference from US hotel breakfast areas.

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 12:51
Joe Pesci didn't write it, direct it, or produce it, he's just an actor reading some lines.
That was the point really AccessBlaster.
Only a mother would say that and she would as likely as not, only say it to her son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom