Forcing New Pages (1 Viewer)

Topher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:04
I hope someone can help.

I'm trying to create a report that will force a new page after the date has changed. So say i have 5 records with 5 different dates.

date1 with record1, 2, 3, 4, 5
date2 with record1, 2, 3, 4, 5
etc...

how can i create a report that would force a new page on each date. the page header information, and the detail information would be different as well b/c they would be based on the date as well.

am i clear enough??

Thanks Muchly
topher

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
Open the sorting and grouping dialog and add a break on date. You can choose to group by day, month, or year. You can specify whether a group header and/or footer should be printed. And you can specify when to force a page change by setting the properties in the header.

Topher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:04
that sounds about right - but i can't get it to work properly - i think it has something to do with the use of 2 tables.

one table holds the Date along with other information - and the other table holds the numerous records which link to the date. a one to many relationship i believe. the information i want to list is in the 2nd table and so i need to connect it to the 1st set of information and still only list that bit of info one page at a time. I am trying to use subforms but i dont know if that will do it either.

thanks - and if you have anymore info that would be of help please pass it along.

- Topher

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:04
The report's recordsource should be a query that joins the two tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom