Form design questions (1 Viewer)

crich21

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:20
I have attached a copy of an excel sheet that my company has been using since the ice age. I would like to set up an access db, so as to eliminate the multiple files and make it easier to create new orders, rather that saving as a new file name all the time. However, does anyone have an idea of how I could use this same format for order entry? I need to ease our sales staff into this new idea and don't really want to disturb the form they have been using forever.
Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Chad

Attachments

• Orderforlinking.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 98

on-2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
I wouldnt worry too much - I have done many little programs to replace spreadsheets and no matter how close you get it to the thing they have been using for the last 100 years they always moan like hell because people just dont like change, i dont bother anymore and just write it so its comfortable for someone who has never seen either to use - you will get the same agrovation either way.....

crich21

Registered User.
Local time
Aggrevation

I figure I will get someone moaning for sure.

crich21

Registered User.
Local time
on-2

So are you saying that it's not possible to lay out a form in the same manner as the posted example?

on-2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
Im sure the guys on here would not approve of writing the form in this way but the end resulting report on the data would be ok to make it look the same so they have got some familiarity.

crich21

Registered User.
Local time
I can accept that

I do agree, it would not be an acceptable design. I will have to work with the salesmen on the new form design. I would like to know how I could create a report with this format. From what I know about access, I have to have a control source for the textboxes. So if I have 10 with the same source how would I control which one is which?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom