form fields do not update (1 Viewer)

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:39
Hey guys..

the fields in my form don't update for some odd reason. i tried making another form and it works fine there. But i want these fields to be enabled on the current form because it will be the main menu and i want it to be there already.

the record source is fine, all the properties are fine... but it does not update..
there is a combo box which updates perfectly..
any idea ??

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:39
here's a copy of my db.

The name of the form is frmMain.
To access it, open frmLogOn

Username: Gaurav
Password: admin

only then you can see frmMain in form view.

in this form, the problem stated above occurs in the frame titled "Car CheckIn - Check Out"

It occurs in the fields -

RegistrationNumber
Model
Model Year
DateBought
Service

Thanks.

Attachments

• MYPROJ.zip
    320.6 KB · Views: 106

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:39
You have data Entry set to "Yes" set it to "No"

As a tip to avoid you falling into traps like this in the future, when you make a change to a form's propertys, only do them one at the time until you understand them and the results, and when you change one, test your database to see the effects. If you had done this You would have spotted this problem yourself.

The other thing is, I understand that you created a new form and that worked OK. That was a good idea, creating a new form, this shows that you were at least attempting to solve the problem yourself! Next time, you do this, check the new forms properties against the old forms properties (the faulty form) and again, you would have found the error yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom