Form opening at the bottom of the form (1 Viewer)

browninaz

Ugly Data Hoarder
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
Hello all,

This may be something very obvious for most of you, but I have created a form for invoicing, and when the form opens, it opens at the bottom of the form and the user has to scroll up to get to the top of the form. How do I fix this?

Thanks to all who know more than me...

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:55
First off, the Form is obviously too long to fit on the screen; making users scroll to get to all Controls on a Form is about as user-unfriendly as anything a developer can do, IMHO. I think you need to think about a re-design. The usual approach is to use a Tabbed Control, possibly with the Controls logically grouped according to function.

With your current situation, as I said, the Form is too long to be displayed, in toto, with the user scrolling and the first Control in the Tab Order apparently is located in the lower half of the Form. There are several thing that can be done to correct this, but I prefer setting Focus on a given Control every time you go to a new/different Record:

Code:
Private Sub Form_Current()
 ControlNameNearTopOfForm.SetFocus
End Sub
Linq ;0)>

browninaz

Ugly Data Hoarder
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
Thanks a million missinglinq,

The focus was set at the bottom of the form. As far as the design of my campy little database, yes, there are a lot of improvements that can be made. This is my first database design, and as I develop this monster, I am seeing a lot of issues that need to be addressed. My next db will be created in Visual Studio and will be much cleaner, but for now, I just need the data entered...

Thanks again missinglinq!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom