Form picture link BUG (1 Viewer)

mr_fish

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:08
Hi all,

I've got a little problem when users move through records on a form that has an image embedded the source of which changes for each record linked using a filename field and path in the database. The pictures are served across the network from another computer. Some of them are relatively large and take a second or so to load.

The problem comes when a user tries to browse too quickly through the records, when the pictures are importing a box appears advising the user, if the user clicks through too fast the box sticks and remains visible in the foreground right in the middle of the screen, it even remains when Access is exited. You have to end the process in Windows Task Manager in order to get it to disappear. I'm using Office XP with service pack 3, does anyone know of a fix for this bug

or if there's no fix

is there a way I could maybe delay each record by about 1 second to allow a picture to load as the user browses through using the record selectors at the bottom of the form?

Many thanks for any advise given.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:08
I suggest that you do not display the picture control for every record. Create a new command button and make the user click the button if they want to see the picture for the current record. You will have to use the OnCurrent record event to hide the picture control which will prevent the picture from displaying when the users browse [scroll] through the records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom