Form - Setting Subform fields on entry (1 Viewer)

smaviddavid

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:49
Hello,

I have Recently been plodding along with my database and im now hitting more problems! Wohoo!!!

This first image is of the tables, setup perfectly how i want them. Now i want to portray this information in forms.. which i have done....... kind of.

Red = Error im having, i want the client ID to be the same as customer id but cant link it :/
Blue = Links of Tables to fields.
Green = Relationship tables.

-----------------------------------------------------------
THE PROBLEM

This is my client form, and works fine (i think!) and by clicking one of the fields in the red box, it will load up that orders transaction list... however now the problem arises.

As you can see it loads fine(ish) however i noticed that the orders numbers were being designated to orders. However the client id wasn't designated to the orders. This isn't a major problems as the order id's are a primary key and wont repeat.

i have attached my database for you to look at. Sorry if it doesn't make sense im stressing out, as i was really chuffed i got it working last night, and then got home from work today and find it not to be working as i though, and i feel this is make or break on my database!

Any Q's just ask

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Attachments

• DB.zip
    135.6 KB · Views: 93

smaviddavid

Registered User.
Local time
sorry if bumping isnt allowed, but i cant seem to figure out how to sort my problem out on my database. Anybody able to help?

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:49
If I'm reading this correctly the clientId field, in frmTrackSub is not automatically being entered from frmorder but orderid is?

You need to go to the Link Master Fields & Link Child Fields properties of frmtracksub, in frmorder, and add clientid as well as orderid.

Code:
Link Master Fields: orderid;clientid 
Link Child Fields: orderid;clientid

Currently it is only linking on orderid.

Code:
Link Master Fields: orderid;
Link Child Fields: orderid;

smaviddavid

Registered User.
Local time
I am looking into this now, and yes your understanding is correct.

Thanks very much for the reply nigel. I have now been given more requests on the databases features.. so i shall be posting alot more! (eek!)

------------

After looking where is this relationship? Do i create it on the tables? Or is it on the forms somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:49
You need to go to the Link Master Fields & Link Child Fields properties of frmtracksub, in frmorder, and add clientid as well as orderid.

Code:
Link Master Fields: orderid;clientid 
Link Child Fields: orderid;clientid

Currently it is only linking on orderid.

Code:
Link Master Fields: orderid;
Link Child Fields: orderid;

Open the design of frmorder and look at the properties of frmtracksub (the subform), there you should see the pair of properties Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields which need updating as above. Press the little button with 3 dots (...) and add the extra fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom