Solved Form shows data from one table but when edit new data are saved into second table (1 Viewer)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 01:33
Looking at @bastanu, this is the other way I was thinking to do it.
This is simpler in that you just have the single "order items" type table . It is less efficient if your Items have a lot of information that needs to be copied. The "Items to Print" table is basically the same as what I called the "TblOrders_Items", but instead of pushing just the Item fk and Order foreign keys you insert all the needed items fields. Now you can add directly to this table additional items. This is somewhat a denormalized design since you are copying more data than just an FK, but at the same time it simplifies the process of having to have a table for template items and a separate table for additional items. If you only need a few fields from your template items and your additional items then this is a clean choice. If you need to copy a lot of Item data then could be inefficient.

There is another design that is very efficient, but not fexible. Instead of the TblOrders_Items in truth you only need TblOrders_Template. Then you only have a single record for each template assigned to an order. In that case you can show all the template items in a query. In that design you are stuck with every item on that template. Since it is related you could not remove an item from the template if for that order you only wanted some of the template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom