Format - Keeping Groups together (1 Viewer)

JaedenRuiner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:16
Okay,

There is the "Keep Together" flag which works on a specific group, basically making sure all of a singular group stays on a page, like, the Detail section may be 2 or 3 lines long, and if only one or two lines can be printed on a page, it moves the whole section to the next page.

I want to expand that behavior to multiple groups. Basically, I have a header group (Name Header) and the Detail. But I Don't want the Name to appear on page 1, where the Detail appears on page 2. I can't do a force new page, because my detail section is at MOST 4 to 8 lines per name, so that would be a total waste of paper.
Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Reac Ruiner

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 18:16
which version of access are you using? i know in 2007 there's an option to "keep whole group together", and it does exactly what you describe. to find this option, right click on your report in design view, select "Sorting and Grouping". then, in the panel that opens at the bottom of the window, find your section and click on the "more>" option, then the last option in that section ought to be the grouping - just select "keep whole group together"...

Attachments

• keep whole group together.jpg
    keep whole group together.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 255

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom