Forms & Subforms (1 Viewer)

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:25
I have created a form from a "main information table" and am attempting to create subforms under it from several other tables. I get the subforms created and can input the information and it shows up in all the correct tables (which is what I want)... here's where the problems comes in. If I go back to a specific record in the form where I have input information, the information in the main form is still there but all the information that has been input into the different subforms is gone, but if I go back to the designated tables it's in there... why is it not showing in the subforms?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hjgwright

Registered User.
Local time
i'm having the same problem

Hi.
Please let me know if you find a way to solve this one.
The same thing is happening with me. I am new to Access and am working on a very complex db.

Maybe it has something to do with it not querying the data for the subform?
A requery or something?

Thanks,
HW

Richio

Registered User.
Local time
When you close the main form and re open is the info in the subform then.

If so it could be something to do with refresh / requery I think although I am no expert.

I have a database where I enter the info into a subform by a "pop up" form which on closing / deactivate runs code to refresh the subform.

Shane_Mc

Refulgent Sesquipedalian
Local time
Is the Dataentry property of the form set to yes. If so change it to no.

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
I have actually already attempted to go out of the form and then back in and the information still isn't showing up...

Here is something else I have noticed...after inputting, the information shows in the correct tables, it also shows in the subforms that are standing alone... it is just not viewable in the subforms that reside in the main form... make sense?

Do I need some type of query first?

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
The data entry property of the form is set to no, still no luck.

Shane_Mc

Refulgent Sesquipedalian
Local time
U shouldn't need any kind of query. The subforms should be showing the information from the tables just the same as the main form.

I found a problem similar to this one time where someone had a subform which wasn't linked to the main form.....they were just like two separate forms. Is this the case with you?

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
Each (what I'll call) sub table is linked to the main table, but they are not linked to one another.

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
The forms are also linked in which I have defined my own criteria to link (which is the same linkage in the tables).

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:25
Check the other properties of the subforms. AllowEdits should be Yes.

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
Allow edits is currently set to yes... still no luck.

S

Sgoifo

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am having the same problem with a form that has subforms on it. It worked just great in Access 97 but now will not display the information since I converted the app to Access 2000.:confused:

Cabot

Registered User.
Local time
I did not find an answer... although I did finally get it to work. I ended up recreating the main form and then added the subforms back in and it worked. I have no idea what happened the first time that it did not work correctly. Good luck!!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:25
The problem was that the DataEntry property of the subform was set to Yes. The effect of this is that the form opens in "add" mode so you don't "see" any existing records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom