Forum search engine (1 Viewer)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 16:48
I've been lurking on this forum for 2 or 3 years now and still can't figure out why I always get "No records found" returned when I search on a whole phrase using "" in the page search drop down or using the so-called "whole phrase" option on the Search FAQ page.

As an example I just copied a three word phrase from a new post and searched both ways for it with no results.

Perhaps if the search engine actually worked it might lessen the number of repeat enquiries about the same subject.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 17:48
BarryMK said:
As an example I just copied a three word phrase from a new post and searched both ways for it with no results.

You shouldn't enter any dirty words Barry, this is a decent forum :D ;)

But seriously, you are right. I guess it's even worse, try putting the word record, or record* in the faq search with "match all words" does not return anything!.

Could one of the mod's maybe shed a light on this ?

R

Rich

Where's the match all records option?:confused:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 11:48
Mods can't shed a light on forum settings. We don't access nor control them. The only one that can let us know if/how it can be fixed is Jon, the admin, who hasn't been around lately. Maybe he'll make another guest appearance in a few months. :D

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Today, 16:48
Vassago said:
Mods can't shed a light on forum settings. We don't access nor control them. The only one that can let us know if/how it can be fixed is Jon, the admin, who hasn't been around lately. Maybe he'll make another guest appearance in a few months. :D

Vass
Do you think if I slip him a couple of tickets to Col's next world tour gig he might show up here?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom