"function is not available in expressions in query expression"

Sniper-BoOyA-

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:29
Good morning,

Since last Monday ive been getting this error when i try to open a report. And i cant figure out how to solve it without losing other functions of the database.

I know changing the reference to the from Microsoft DAO 3.6 to Microsoft DAO 3.5.1 solves the problem, but then i wont be able to use the function i made to track changes any report them in a table.

The report has a subreport, which happends to cause the problem.

The query to create that form works just fine, but when i save and open the report i am getting an errror.

The error im getting is :

"function is not available in expressions. in query expression Left(Boorkern,10)"

Even if i delete anything that has to do with boorkernnr from the query, i still get the message.

Any ideas??

While you have missing references in your database any function even Date() will cause this error message.

You have to replace the 3.6 by the 3.51 or install 3.6 onto your machine.

Yes, i noticed Date() was giving an error aswell, i changed it to now() and that error was gone.

I think i may have found a solution to the report issue.

One of the libraries that was checked (Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5), had a couple of 'newer' versions. So i changed the reference from 2.5 to 2.8, and i dont get the error anymore when i open the report. And all the functions are working correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom