Function problems to solve Part 1 (1 Viewer)

GingGangGoo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:16
I am trying to design my web app for ease and efficiency and I am kind of stuck in several areas. The first is as follows:
In my db I have a contact table, like my big general address book. I have forms set up to get all the data pertaining to each Contact, into there, however, I also have to add folks that are by default not active to start with. I enter these via a separate form from the other contacts because there is data that doesn't get added on them until they are activated. At this stage, it would make the most sense, UI-wise to use a datasheet view to enter these folks. I need it to look and act like an Excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having is that the data from this form goes into the main contact table, and I need to also add the time spent with each contact, but this piece needs to go into a join table. So, Contact info in one table, then con & hrs into join table. I know I can accomplish this by using a list view with a related item control, but that does not accomplish the goal of being able to write one record across a row of fields, including the hrs, and then drop to the next record.
Is anything like this even remotely possible? If so, what is the simplest way to set it up. I am getting pretty good with simple macros, but I am completely baffled by data macros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom