Getting error: Could not update: Currently this element is locked using ado transaction in VBA (1 Viewer)

pacctono

Local time
Today, 01:35
Hello!

First, I do not know if that is the error in english. I am getting "No se pudo actualizar actualmente este elemento está bloqueado".
errorObjetoBloqueado.PNG

I am trying to do an ado transaction that contains several query, basically UPDATE's and INSERT's using a form (in the image, beside the error popup window) in VBA. I am working with a local table (lo_prestamos) in the form (where I can change 4 fields, only), my first sql command is an UPDATE, where I am getting the error, that updates the BE table with the four (4) fields in the FE table, like this:

<code>
UPDATE ap_prestamos_pendientes AS t INNER JOIN lo_prestamos AS l ON (t.au_control = l.au_control)
SET t.fe_depositado = l.fe_depositado, t.tx_banco_referencia = l.tx_banco_referencia, t.tx_cuenta = l.tx_cuenta, t.tx_observacion = l.tx_observacion;
</code>

The error occurs, only when I change any of the fileds in the form. If I close the error windows or close and open the form without changing any field, the query works as they should, as in the following image:
errorPasoSiNomodifico.PNG

Does anybody can give me a help, please?

I have read that this occurs when doing an pesimistic lock, but I do not get it.

Attachments

• errorObjetoBloqueado.PNG
    errorObjetoBloqueado.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 75
  • errorPasoSiNomodifico.PNG
    errorPasoSiNomodifico.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 62

pacctono

Local time
I solved my problem. I went aroud it. If somebody else have another solution I will appreciate it.

My first command was an UPDATE, that was using the table that is the source of the form. name it "local". I am updating a different table (name it "pendiente") but I think access does not like that so I create a recordset with a query that return all rows from "local", loop thru them and UPDATE each row of "pendiente".

Ranman256

Local time
If you are in access, there's no reason to run an ADO event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom