Getting pop-up form to center on monitor (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 12:57
I'm somewhat confused by your lengthy (but incomplete) reply so apologies if I'm missing the point here

Form positions and sizes are measured in twips and cannot currently exceed the integer limit of 32767 (approx. 22.75 inches)
Your code will give unpredictable results if you try to exceed that

I have various articles that may be helpful including:

I suggest you limit the height of continuous forms to be slightly less than the monitor height
I prefer the code in Form 3 but that won't solve your issue.

InstructionWhich7142

Registered User.
Local time
Apologies, I gave up on that fragment by the look of it but didn't notice it was still hiding at the end there! Thanks for taking the time anyway.

The Twips limit makes sense for the issues I'm seeing, but how does Access handle a 3 monitor setup that's wider than 22 inches? Is that why I'm seeing negative twips returned by me.Windowleft? I'm not explicitly trying to exceed 22 inches, I'm just trying to get forms to appear in relatively sensible places, e.g. if a user opens a large form and drags it to a second window, then clicks a button that causes a second small popup form to appear I'd like it to be somewhat near where they're currently working, rather than center it on a different monitor miles away,

I had wondered about trying to grab the mouse position and putting the form there but it comes back to the "how do I handle the negative twips" issue?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
There's an alternative method which may prove useful "Sticky Forms" forms that stay where they are put ....

Last edited:

InstructionWhich7142

Registered User.
Local time
Having read into this a bit more I'm concerned the large 2 and 3 screen setups will cause issues with the TWIPS limits so I'm not sure I want to go the sticky forms route

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom