Google Sheets - Obsolete? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:59
Extract:-

If you’re still using Excel or Google Sheets for business, you might already know that Excel is obsolete for many business use-cases. But how do you switch from Excel to a better alternative like R Shiny? It’s easier to get started than you might think, especially if you’re already an Excel power user.

https://appsilon.com/switch-from-excel-to-r-shiny/

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 03:59
you might already know that Excel is obsolete for many business use-cases.

NOT true whatsoever. there are serious amount of people that use it in foreign countries, who ask questions constantly over here: https://www.excelforum.com/

and it's incredibly popular. and speaking of google sheets, I'm not too impressed with it, for the reason mentioned in the following post by me, along with many others:

CollaTech

Local time
Today, 16:59
We still google sheets, I was not aware that it is obsolete?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:59
Many businesses stick with the Office suite simply because of the Microsoft imprimatur. Given the source of the article to which Uncle Gizmo refers, they are trying to sell their brand new, shiny, slick-looking whiz-bang tool. So ... chalk that statement up to an overly zealous marketeer.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:59
We still google sheets, I was not aware that it is obsolete?
Either I'm having the strangest case of dejavu or someone deleted some posts along here, because I swear I can remember myself (and others) reply to this thread, after which some time it became clear that I think U.G. was making fun of the article at least as much as anything (due to their obvious over-statement re: Excel, in a desperate and pathetic sounding attempt to sell their product, like me saying "As you probably know, Honda's are now obsolete, so come in to John Miller Hyundai today!"
But I am not trying to speak for U.G., ha ha - just weird that all the content disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom