graph problem... (1 Viewer)

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
Today, 08:56
ok the first one i think may be easy,
1, i have a graph based on a range of about 300+- times of the day ranging the full 24hrs, i access them straight from a table and it has times along the botton and users (online at the time) up the side. the graph works fine all except if there is no users online at all for a period then it does not leave it blank but pulls the next time where users are online to it.eg.
(bar chart)
users
2...................____.........................
1........._____........_____________
times...1.....2.....3.....4.....7.....8...9..
in the example above it has pulled 7am next to 4am.. and missed 5 & 6,,. my graph is in minutes not hours so it is a little more complex than the one above.. but that is basically the proble.. any ideas?

problem 2, <---SOLVED
#..#where my graph is in minutes the lables appear for every
#S#8 minutes because it cant fit them all on. what i really want it
#O#the details of the graph to be in minutes (the figures so i get
#L#a very acurate graph) but the lables in hours so that it looks
#V#neat and tidy, so for every 60 bars on my bar chart there is 1
#E#lable...
#D#is this possible... ???
#..#
OK SOLVED NO2. you have to set the number of catagories between tick mark lables to 60.. so that u have 1 lable every 60 marks... and it works fine,,,

still need to solve prob 1 though.. plz help

thank you in advance
DAL

Last edited:

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
You have to make sure that the query feeding the graph shows 0 next to the required blank values ie:

Users Time
1 1
1 2
2 3
1 4
0 5
0 6
1 7
1 8
1 9

To do this create a table with all the times and then link that table to the result table on the times field being the 'Include ALL records from Time and only those from RESULTS...' (As you can tell I get confused on Left and Rigth joins!!)

HTH

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
thanx that is exactly what i was lookin for i was doin that allready but a long way.. u sayin that made me realise

thanx

DAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom