Graphics sizing in a report... (1 Viewer)

hirsp1

Local time
Today, 06:42
I need to know how to to stretch a graphic's x size based on a value in the report. Is this possible? Or use the value to repeat the graphic x times (either method would work, but I think I would prefer the second).

hirsp1

Local time
Ok...so, I've got a new problem, that sort of relates to the first. Rather than repeat a graphic, I'd like to be able to simple create a string that contains x number of spaces where x represents a value from a query.

If it helps, what I'm trying to do is create a timeline type of report...a project can have 5 phases and we'd like to graph the phases in a single line with a unit representing a week of time....

I know MS Project does stuff like this, but we don't have project, and we're trying to base the report on a database.

Any help?

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
To create a string expression of conditional length in a query, you can use the String function in a expression like this:

Expr1: String([Fieldname],"X")

Which will create a field containing the a number of X characters which corresponds with the value in [Fieldname]

(of course you can substitute whatever you like in place of the X, but space might be a problem as trailing spaces are often ignored in a table/query value)

HTH

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Gurman (edited 10-11-2000).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom