Graphics in Access Forms (1 Viewer)

DenverDb

Local time
Today, 04:21
I am curious to see the kinds of graphics that other people put in their forms and reports. Over the years I have put volcanoes, racetracks, gauges, and images of planets and the moon into my forms and reports.

One of my favorites is this gauge. The numbers are calculated using a five-level Likert scale. The code uses the .Visible method. The code is very simple.

The statements in the middle of the screenshot control the colors of the squares. The squares use conditional formatting.

I created the gauge in PowerPoint and pasted it into the Access form.

Two of the text boxes are multi-value fields. They are used to ensure consistency.

The checkboxes open forms that tell the user what the statements may mean to the business.

This form also reads the scores aloud. Many of my forms and reports use speech.

This was one of my earliest forms with a graphic so it is crude.

1691446074660.png

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:21
Home screen:
img1.png

and Instructions screen on correct format of Excel file to import to the system:
img2.png

I always use graphics on my Home screen:
img3.png

also notice, i am always using a customized ribbon.
so app has familiar looks like in office, adobe, etc.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:21
The only graphics I was allowed to use for my big Navy project was a watermark background of the (then) SPAWAR logo for my main screen of my switchboard. And it was boring, but... the right way, the wrong way, and the Navy way.

DenverDb

Local time
The only graphics I was allowed to use for my big Navy project was a watermark background of the (then) SPAWAR logo for my main screen of my switchboard. And it was boring, but... the right way, the wrong way, and the Navy way.
Thanks, The_Doc_Man. The only graphics that I created when I was in the government were geochemical diagrams. I created so many that my friends gave me an award for them when I moved to a new duty station. Now you have an opportunity to go crazy. I love adding graphics to my applications.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:21
Hi Arnel
how you create that special ribbon?
1692011036518.png

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:21
ok thank you. So if I follow all the instructions I will be able to create that ribbon so nice like you made?

Do you have also some simple example to show?

thank you

DenverDb

Local time
Here's a form with a graphic that was created today.

The curve is a timeline.

The buttons on the right are command buttons that will open forms to the active proposal. All of those forms are main form/subform pairs with embedded graphics. Buttons on the forms open main report/subreport pairs with their own graphics.

The curve and thumbnails were created in PowerPoint and pasted into Access using Snip and Sketch. The thumbnails are screenshots and were resized to the same height and width. Clicking the Show Dates button will display dates for each record.

What do you think?

1692234580868.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom