Grouping Not Working (1 Viewer)

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:25
I have been trying to finish this project that we hired a contractor to complete, the gentleman for this project got sick and could not complete our request.

A = We would like to group all records in A after a website address has been entered

B = We would like to group all records in B after a word has been entered

Any assistance will greatly appreciated..
Crystal

Attachments

• 24071_Research_Master.mdb
    604 KB · Views: 34

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:25
What is the issue - error message, wrong result, nothing happens?

What do you mean by "group all records"? Grouping is an aspect of aggregate queries and reports. Do you mean filter?

What is purpose of controls below dashed line - just guidance for user?

Code references txtFind which does not exist. Queries reference table that does not exist.

Last edited:

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
What is the issue - error message, wrong result, nothing happens?

What do you mean by "group all records"? Grouping is an aspect of aggregate queries and reports. Do you mean filter?

What is purpose of controls below dashed line - just guidance for user?

Code references txtFind which does not exist. Queries reference table that does not exist.
Thank you June7 for your questions
We would like to filter the records into an alphabetical sort.
A = What we were hoping would happen is that when we type “www.google.com” all the sites with that name would be filtered in an alphabetical sort, as our programmer had done previously in other forms.
B = What we hoped would happen is that when we would type “Frida” all records with that name would be Filtered in an alphabetical sort.
Thank you for the new word "Filter".
Crystal

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Then why don't you adapt code from other forms to this form? Debug your code and correct.

Here is example of coding for building multiple field criteria http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
June7, the programmer we hired did what you suggested and since he got sick I removed all of his code and COPIED over the working code and made any necessary name changes. But the results we are looking for are still do not appearing.
Thank you for suggesting the Code Builder and I THINK that I did everything correctly and still our problem has not been solved.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:25
We can't debug without details. "But the results we are looking for are still do not appearing." gives us nothing to work with. You need to upload the database with instructions on how to find the error or at least post the code and the table layout and possibly query.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:25
As others, who are trying to assist you, have said, more details are required in order to understand your needs and to provide focused responses. A quick look into your supplied "mdb" database shows
-No OPTION EXPLICIT (which is highly recommended to void typos/spelling issues)
-little to no comments /no instructions.

I'm wondering what info you supplied to your contractor.

Perhaps you could describe to readers
-a 30,000 ft overview of your application, then
- more info on the who does what, when and why to get some result
-a list of steps to invoke your application, identifying what to select where, what to click and what to expect

You might also explain the "aww.google.com" etc for websites.

Without this information you are asking readers to guess what you have and what you need, the differences between those and some sort of coding assistance to make it happen.

Readers are not clairvoyant, so please provide some details.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:25
June7, the programmer we hired did what you suggested and since he got sick I removed all of his code and COPIED over the working code and made any necessary name changes. But the results we are looking for are still do not appearing.
Thank you for suggesting the Code Builder and I THINK that I did everything correctly and still our problem has not been solved.
The search criteria is based on the query named " Investment_Analyst_T"

This query is missing from the database ?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
If you made necessary name changes, why does posted code reference a control name that does not exist? So, you have NOT done everything correctly, not even basic debugging.

And as already mentioned, queries reference a table not included.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you ALL, for your suggestions and we have gone back to the drawing board.

One of our Volunteers has removed all of the code in the problem database uploaded earlier and copied the code from our working database with the correct field names.

The updated database 24071_Research_Master_B has now been uploaded.

Into Field A we type the word “Google” => Click Enter and a popup will appear “Enter Parameter Value” (Analyzed)
Into Field B we type the word “Linda” => Click Enter and a popup will appear “Enter Parameter Value” (Analyzed)

Our volunteer used the “Debug” function and NO errors appear.

We are lucky that we have volunteers to help us and that is why we hired a professional, but he got sick.
Any suggestions for a solution for this problem will be appreciated.
Crystal

Attachments

• 24071_Research_Master_B.mdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
There are AfterUpdate procedures still in module for controls that don't exist. This just adds confusion and may have misled me previously.

You get input popup because SQL built by VBA references a field named Analysed which is not in the table. Change to WebSite_InfoAddress and no more popup and form is filtered.

Why change RecordSource? Why not just apply criteria to Filter property and FilterOn to yes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom