Grouping or Sub-Heading on a Form (1 Viewer)

Malcolm17

Local time
Today, 09:01
Hi,

I have a form which I would like to add sub headings to, so I suppose it would maybe be a continuous form? I would like to lay it out in the same way I can do this with a report, I have attached an example with sample data, on the report I have made dates as a sub heading in this example, however I am looking to do the same on a form\subform, however I have spent all day looking at this now, I have tried child links etc and just cannot quite get there and still cannot work out how to do this, please can you help?

Many thanks,

Malcolm

Attachments

• Example.accdb
    2.6 MB · Views: 283

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You can't use subheaders in forms. Place the date field as a separate column or possibly in the form header of the first subform.

BTW before uploading please remove any security features you've added. I had to use Task Manager to close your app after opening the form

Malcolm17

Local time
Hi,

Thanks for that, that will be why I have been trying all day and cannot work it out!!

Malcolm

Malcolm17

Local time
As I can't use headings on a form, can you (or anyone) think of a way that I could show my data on a form where I have only 1 date 'heading' in the left column and then the other parts of the data listed in the other columns, similar to my picture example below?

Thank you

Attachments

• PictureExample.jpg
    PictureExample.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 260

Malcolm17

Local time
Hey June7,

This is true, however the problem I have with reports is that I run my front ends with the background hidden so my option was only ever to print reports, until tonight - I have found the idea and code to maximise the background whilst I view a report then hide it again when the report is closed, so simple really and I'm not sure why I haven't thought of the idea before.

Many thanks,

Malcolm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom