Has the forum been hijacked? (1 Viewer)

JRJR-

Local time
Today, 06:52
On logout I receive a message stating that the cookie has been deleted. I didn't delete all cookies but maybe if I did my old account would work.... is that what you are saying?

Edit:
Nope that didn't work
I deleted all cookies and still no go with old account.... bummer

Last edited:

WindSailor

Registered User.
Local time
I just went through my browser options and deleted the cookie for this site, actually all of them for this site ( I think there were about six, one was bblastactivity, bbsessionhash, bbuserid, bbuserpassword, bbthread_lastview, bblastvisit ).

Does this mean they also have our IP address? Antivirus updated.

WindSailor

Registered User.
Local time
It means that I have been up for almost twenty two hours and have had waaaaay tooo much coffee.:eek:

It could be due to reloading of the site... I honestly don't know. I will leave it to the experts... definitely time for bed.

greaseman

Closer to seniority!
Local time
Today, 08:52
A "busted" forum??

So anyway...... what happened to the forum ?!?!?!?! I hope it recovers well! Hacking or hijacked.... they're about the same, and to think some yo-yo has to make it bad for the rest of us royally ticks me off!

JRJR-

Local time
WindSailor said:
I just went through my browser options and deleted the cookie for this site, actually all of them for this site ( I think there were about six, one was bblastactivity, bbsessionhash, bbuserid, bbuserpassword, bbthread_lastview, bblastvisit ).

Does this mean they also have our IP address? Antivirus updated.

It's odd that it worked for you and not for me. One day the answer will surface i'm sure.

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
Today, 09:52
selenau837 said:
I was having the same problem, not being able to log in except through threads I had subscriptions to. So I went to my options screen and changed my forum skin to use Forum default. It then let me in.
I didn't have to recreate my account.

Awesome!!
I did the same thing...changed to forum default skin and now my original account works!! Thanks for the tip
:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:52
Rich said:
No worries Col, as a Gers supporter she needs something to cheer her day :D
well it wasn't the result of the Celtic game last saturday that cheered our Hales, thats for sure (Gers lost BTW)

Col

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
well it wasn't the result of the Celtic game last saturday that cheered our Hales, thats for sure (Gers lost BTW)

Col
I wonder if Roy can be persuaded to move further North? Even a has been could be useful for them :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
I wonder if Roy can be persuaded to move further North? Even a has been could be useful for them :D
The Gers may do better with Linnaker, St and Greavsy, the Charlton brothers, Nobby Stiles, Peter Bonetti, Geoff Hurst and the like.

Still we mustn't go on about the Gers as our Hales in on hols this week ;) I had a text from her on saturday, I'm not sure she was too happy :(

Col

A

Ashtex

Good For You... You hacked a Bulletin Board

MOVE ON UP you F'N Nubsauce.... You hacked a Bulletin Board... You want a cookie?

(This is the first thing I thought when I recieved an E-Mail this morning from jon... but not really from jon... saying that the site was hacked...)

I didn't think replying would get to the person I really mean to direct this comment to... but if a so-called hacker is so proud to be "hacking" the bbs... they will be back to check the response of everyone in the forums....

PREDICTABLE FTL....

Ashtex

pablofonto

Registered User.
Local time
Jon,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I was out of town. I can search the Archived forum, but I cannot search the forum from the initial screen where you can search FORMS, TABLES, QUERIES, etc. The only way I can search them is if I'm log off, but the minute I log on I can't search them anymore. The problem with this is that I need to be logged on in order to reply to posts or even create a new Thread, it's weird but don't know why is not working.

Pablo

pablofonto

Registered User.
Local time
Jon said:
pablofonto, are you saying that the Search function no longer works at all? I can search and find old posts. Let me know.

Jon,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I was out of town. I can search the Archived forum, but I cannot search the forum from the initial screen where you can search FORMS, TABLES, QUERIES, etc. The only way I can search them is if I'm log off, but the minute I log on I can't search them anymore. The problem with this is that I need to be logged on in order to reply to posts or even create a new Thread, it's weird but don't know why is not working.
Just to provide a little bir more info, the original address I was using to access the forum was the one below which it's still not working.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/index.php

Pablo

pablofonto

Registered User.
Local time
I fixed my problem by changing the forum option to default.

Thanks for the tip Selenau837 and JrJr!

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
I just wonder about whether if this hijack-scenario should have been reported to the FBI for investigation or not. The name seems to be a Middle-Eastern name.

Is it just me smelling "terror"?

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
supercharge said:
Is it just me smelling "terror"?
I think the more likely scenario is that's what the jackass wants you to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom