Solved have wingding characters changed? (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:56
Posting on forms because that is the most likely place this font would be used. The issue was raised in this thread

where it appears font characters have changed. If it was just the OP then that would be one thing, but when I checked I get the same characters they do.

I've done some more investigating and can find nothing to explain it. Every font listing I've found show the original characters used in my example (now updated to use wingdings)
two links here

clearly show capital O and capital P for wingdings 2 are a cross and a tick respectively, but now show O and P, whilst the updated post now uses wingdings characters 253 and 254 which the attached show as a phone in a circle and some weird character.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be occurring? If I use the characters in Word, Excel or Publisher they appear correctly as cross and tick with wingding2 font characters O and P, so would appear to be the result of a setting in Access.

I've also rebooted to see if that solved the problem, but no change.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I have just changed the textbox control to have Winding2 font and entered O and P

1667058967881.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Like @Gasman, I still also get the cross and tick using Wingdings 2

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hmm - thought it might have been an update, I’ll check some other fonts

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've resolved the problem - turned out my form had a corruption -recreating the form resolved the issue - link updated

No idea what character set it was showing!

JMongi

Local time
Today, 05:56
So, does that mean my form is corrupted too? Weird that our was corrupted in exactly the same way. Thanks for the investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom