HBO's DEADWOOD! (1 Viewer)

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Yesterday, 23:17
The HBO series, DEADWOOD is now on hiatus, preparing for it's fourth season and I've got to tell you all, after all the "reality" TV selections over the past five years especially, I really look forward to this special 12 week event!

This is REAL storytelling worthy of it's factual past and enhanced further by the perfect actors and actresses they've chosen for each role!

From Mr. Ian McShane as the contemptible :mad: Al Swearingen to Tim Oliphant's :( Seth Bullock character and from the Celestial leader of the :confused: Mr. Wu character to Gerald McRaney's :eek: George Hearst, this series is a great time, a real escape to the past, and a real show to get into...it's easy after any first five minutes you watch...CHECK IT OUT!

What do you think of this show and other shows like it; HBO's Carnivale and Rome are really great too...no wonder HBO wins so many awards for writing every year!!!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 01:17
I never really cared for the show myself. I think Showtime comes up with much better show ideas, but then they cancel them before they can really take off! I used to watch Dead Like Me on Showtime and the show was cancelled unexpectedly after a cliffhanger Season 2 ending. There's a HUGE fanbase online trying to bring the show back, but so far, no go.

Reruns air on Sci Fi now, and they say they may try and make a new season if the reruns are watched, but I don't see the actors coming back together for another season since it's been so long.

statsman

Local time
Up here in the great white north, we are just finishing season 1. I agree that the series is wonderful, although my wife won't watch it because of the language.
I've tried explaining that this is how men tend to express themselves when there are no women around.

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Crazy language...

Hello again VAS! - I'm back after a pretty long hiatus myself but glad to be back!

Too bad this doesn't suit you because it really is one of the few better shows but you're right Cinemax has some great shows too and naturally some of them get cancelled before we can really get into them...

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Crazy language...

Statsman!

I won't ruin anything for you but I understand about the language factor because it is RAW...but so was that time so it fits because the writers had the guts to make it authentic as much as possible.

It was actually far worse, as were some of the characters we're watching and that's cool for TV. It's just great to actually have something to look forward to watching!

:D Have fun with Season#2! Maybe your wife will join you if you bleep out all the expletives but then again, you'd be making bleeping noises every few seconds!?#??$!ha!

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Vassago said:
I never really cared for the show myself. I think Showtime comes up with much better show ideas, but then they cancel them before they can really take off! I used to watch Dead Like Me on Showtime and the show was cancelled unexpectedly after a cliffhanger Season 2 ending. There's a HUGE fanbase online trying to bring the show back, but so far, no go.

Reruns air on Sci Fi now, and they say they may try and make a new season if the reruns are watched, but I don't see the actors coming back together for another season since it's been so long.

Dead Like Me.... (imitating Meg Ryan) YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!! OOOOhhhhh!
Why, did they do that to me????? What is Rube's back story, you bastards?!?!?!?! Mandy P has moved on to other series.... damn you! How will you ever get him back? One of the best shows ever. I'm with you there, Josh.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 00:17
I've never really watched Deadwood but some of HBO's other shows are pretty good. It is no small wonder that they win so many awards. We just recently got Showtime at our house so I haven't seen any shows on there yet. Judging by what you've said Vass, I'm not sure I would want to get interested in them just to have them cancelled. :eek:

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 14:47
Never saw Deadwood, but have been meaning to check it out...

One that I wish hadn't been cancelled is Firefly.
It's kind of a sci-fi/western, by Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy & Angel.
They only got one season before it got cancelled, BUT the fans generated enough interest that a movie follow-up was made - "Serenity".
And they're continuing to spread the word, & hope for a second movie... one of the most dedicated groups of fans I've ever heard of...

The movie stands alone, but you'll get more out of it if you've seen the series first.
If you haven't seen it, SEE IT! :D

(I believe it's currently on SciFi channel in USA, also on Amazon's new download service, and of course DVDs.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom