Help Desk For IT (1 Viewer)

syntax

Local time
Today, 03:26
Hello All,

I am trying to create a project in MSAccsess which should be a database for help desk for the IT Dep.

So far I have the following tables:
tblUsers – for the users who open calls( ID,FullName,Birthdate,HireDate,Email,Phone)
tblCalls – for the Calls details (CallDescription,CallID , CallType,Call Status CallOpenDate)
tblComputers – which contains the user's computers. ( ComputerID,ComputerDesc, ComputerType ,ComputerPurchaseDate,Ram,Storage,OS)
tblTechnichions – for passing the calls to them.(ID,FullName,TechLevel)
tblSolutions – for known solutions for some of the calls.(SolID,SolDesc)

I still need more optional tables….
Any idea for more effective tables?

I appreciate if someone can explain the relationship between all the tables above as well…
10x in advance.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 05:26
i would create a tier-type database here, with a bunch of one-to-many's in it. That might be really good! :)

As in, one tier or relationships for IT level 1, more tables for IT level 2, and some more for IT level 3, if you have people that work on that many levels. You could think of the entire application as one big consolidation of 3 smaller applications, those being the tiers of the organization, and the tables that are related to the personell that are part of each tier.

Stitcho

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:26
I've got a project similar to this coming up but it is mainly going to be for external client use. I've knocked this together quickly (see attached). Not sure if it the best way to do it but maybe a good start. Im still very inexperienced when it comes to DB's so I may be completely out lol

Attachments

• helpdesk.jpg
    helpdesk.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom