Help needed with my first bar / line graph (1 Viewer)

hardrock

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:16
This is my first attempt at doing a graph in MS ACCESS and i'm already struggling. I want to be able to create a simple bargraph showing Ontime and Late alongside each other by month. Typically data from table below. Also want to show percentage vs month as a line graph. Is it possible to include both in a REPORT? If so, could someone guide me please.

Delivery Record
Month.. Ontime.. Late .... Percentage
1.............108....... 88.......... 55
2............ 181.... ..205......... 47
3.............. 81...... 175......... 32
4.............. 45...... 114......... 28
5........... .107...... 186......... 37
6.............. 18........ 19......... 49

olek_w1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:16
Hello,

It's possible to make two separate graphs (one bar graph) and below continous graph or put all the data into one - (please note screenshot below from one of my applications)

testolek.xaa.pl/screens/BARchart.jpg
(please paste above link into your browser address bar - for now i'm not
able to post pictures directly on forum - i'm to young member :(

In short description you need commit following steps:

1. from your raw data create query which will contain exactly these four columns you have described.

2. put the chart into your form or report (working with charts in some way similar to work with subforms)

3.configure your chart appearance as you wish(colors, units, minimum maximum , axis descriptions etc)

4. give to your chart in property: RowSource the query made in step one.

hardrock

Registered User.
Local time
Hi olek that's exactly the kind of thing I am after. But I still a beginner with graphs and I'm lost. I use access 2007 also. Would you be able to make a sample report example for me with the data in the table above. I will then learn from it. Thank you.

olek_w1

Registered User.
Local time
Hallo Hardrock,

Yes I can, - but i need couple minutes - for now I don't have much time - but i will post the sample file for You this afternoon

olek_w1

Registered User.
Local time
Hallo Hardrock,

herewith i'm posting in attachmen't database file containing sample chart which contains Your data

Last edited:

hardrock

Registered User.
Local time
Great!! Thankyou Olek. I will have a play with this tomorrow :)

hardrock

Registered User.
Local time
Olek, I am trying to add a text box to this form that when it loads will show the supplier name.

In my textbox (text1), I’ve set it’s control source to =Dlookup(“Supplier”, tb_supplier) but it never seems to show the supplier name when the chart form loads??

The suppliers name does exist in the table.. Any ideas why this doesn’t work as should really???

olek_w1

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Hardrock,

How are you....

It seems to me that you put into Your code only two parameteres into function Dlookup

but this function requires tree (the third one is criteria) - all three parameters are necesssairy.

Also essential in Dlookup function is giving all the parameters within quotation marks

pleasse take a look at below manual regarding Dlookup function

http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/domain/dlookup.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom