Help plz, Can't get combo box to find record/populate (1 Viewer)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:54
I Changed it to 3, just to see what the heck that does.. not really sure how that bound column works ...

Fair enough. Here's the explanation. The bound column property is which column of the combo's row source it is to use as the default .Value property. You can get the value of other columns too (except in a query) by using ComboNameHere.Column(x) where X is the column number minus 1 because it is zero-based. In a query it won't work to reference the column number so you either need a function to return the value or a hidden text box set to reference that column which you can then reference, or change the bound column to the one you need but that can get messy if you need various values at times from various columns.

I hope that helps explain it.

morfusaf

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
Any idea how I would change the first combo box... into a text field where i can use the date picker?

I noticed when I have multiple dates/ not in order or anything else it looks jacked up .

sparks80

Physicist
Local time
Today, 01:54
Hi,

Beat to it!

Bob on an unrelated note I just wanted to say thank you for the "FRONT-END AUTO-UPDATE ENABLING TOOL" on your web site - I have recently used it for a multi-user database and it was a god-send.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:54
1. To set a sort you can use a query instead of the table as the row source and then you can set the sort to DESC to get the latest dates at the top.

2. To change it to a text box, just right-click on the combo (while in design view) and select CHANGE > TO TEXT BOX.

morfusaf

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:54
Another issue... Now, I have the combo box / or text box working. However, if I click on the date, then event title.. that populates the form. Then if I click the the date, (for instance I screwed up and clicked wrong date but didn't realize it). and change to another date, it actually updates the event to have that date...

I don't want any changes to take effect until I click the Update button(save Record).. any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom