Help, query showing random characters! (1 Viewer)

SazzleTWG

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:28
Hi all,

I have a query that is based on another query and 2 tables. There is a particular memo field (Activity Instruction) which is based on a field in one of the tables. In the table this field is showing correctly, however when I run the query all that appears in that field is a random character for each record. (like this one 묄)
There are a lot of records in the table and the query (approximately 200,000) however even when I add criteria to reduce the amount of records it still happens.
I am thoroughly confused by this, I cannot for the life of me see why it should appear normally in the table but then return this one odd character in any query based on that table? :confused:

Any help you could give me would be amazing!

Thanks in advance.

jzwp22

Access Hobbyist
Local time
Today, 11:28
I came across the following site which describes a problem similar to yours. I'm not sure if you are grouping by the memo field in your query.

SazzleTWG

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:28
Thank You! This problem has been driving my boss and I nuts for ages! What's strange is the particular query would have no need to be grouped so we're not quite sure how that happened but at least we have an answer now! Many many thanks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom