Help with Design/Structure of Database (1 Viewer)

The_Vincester

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:09
There has to be an easier way to do what I want.

The situation:

40+ Employee have their own list of Clients, Client Contacts, Client Email Address, Report Types, etc.

Each day they have updates on each client. Time spent with them, updates given, notes, etc.

What the most effective way to structure this where they can see all the clients on the screen, or pick them from a list and update this daily information?

The only way that I can figure, which is not very effective is populate a table with dates from now until about 2015, with their client information filling each day to make a separate entry for each day. This seems horribly inefficient though and time consuming just to make the appropriate tables.

Thanks in advance for any design help you can give me!

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 05:09
I've made a template database that will help you get started.

The best thing for this type of data, which is similar to what I do myself, is to have a list of clients and a table of visits. This gives you the most flexiblity because you can have several visits and define what kind of visit it was, and what happened there while a client table gives you a place to hold several information, which is helpful if you need many information (e.g. hold more than one phone numbers, or other permanent attributes of clients)

The structure I've uploaded is very simple, but is correct way to keep track of what you need to do. If you need to add to it, you can look at the data already involved and after reading on normalization, see where you want your new fields or tables be related.

If you have any more specific questions, I'll be happy to help you along.

Attachments

• db2.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 258

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom