Help with homework.. Greatly appreciated!! (1 Viewer)

johnpeter

Local time
Today, 07:27
So I have to assume the following:

Suppose you have three customers: Ajax, Baker and Champion. Suppose Ajax is located in Sydney, Baker is located in Singapore and Champion is located in Sydney.

Assume you have two salespeople: Johnson and Jackson (Make up email addresses for each.)
Assume you have three products: P1, P2 and P3. Periodically, your salespeople meet with customers and during these meetings, they agree on product prices.

The salespeople can pitch either of the three products in each of these meetings, but the customer will only ever purchase one of the products during a specific meeting. Some customers negotiate better prices than others, so the price varies by customer.
Assume that there will never be more than one meeting per day.

So the question and task is:

use a database to keep track of the price quotations.

 Create a new database using Microsoft Access and create the following three tables:
CUSTOMER (CustomerName, Location)
SALESPERSON (SalespersonName, Saleperson_Email)
PRICE_QUOTE (Date, Product, Price, CustomerName, SalespersonName)
 Assume the following: CustomerName is the key of CUSTOMER; SalespersonName is the key of SALESPERSON; and Date is the key of PRICE_QUOTE (assume that there is no more than one meeting per day).
 Make appropriate assumptions about the data types for each table column.
 Assume that a customer can have more than 1 price-quote, whereas a price-quote belongs to one and only one customer. A sales person can create many price-quotes while a price-quote is created by one and only one sales person.
 Check Enforce Referential Integrity for all relationships in your ER diagram.

This is my relationship Diagram, im not sure if this is correct?

i63.tinypic.com/2ywu2j7.png

This is what I get when I type in data for my excel sheet.. I cant get past this.... Please help. The question is: Fill all your Access tables using the same data that you used in question 4-a. Place an image of your populated tables in your assignment Word document.

i67.tinypic.com/6860hw.png

The problem comes when I type in the salesperson name.. I have been trying to figure this out for 3 days now. Watching tutorials, guides etc. I just can seem to be able to figure this out.. Any help would be greatly appeciated!!

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:27
Don't forget that in order to type in data into the Price_Quote table you must already have the corresponding data in the other tables. So if you are typing in a price_quote for customer Ajax, then Ajax must already be in the customer table. Same goes for the Salesperson table. That's what the referential integrity does - it ensures one can't exist without the other.

You mention an excel spreadsheet - I'm not sure where that fits into this problem. You are typing your data into Access yes?

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:27
You also need to take a look at your relationships again. One of them is not quite right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom