Help!! (1 Viewer)

crystalda726

Local time
Today, 06:49
I thought if you made a Query from a table, the Query did not affect the table in any way. I deleted information from the Query and now it is gone in the table. Does anyone have any information on this? This is 4 months worth of information! Please help if you know anything :eek

daveUK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:49
A SELECT query will not affect the data in the table it will merely show the data. An APPEND, UPDATE or DELETE query will affect the data, which meets the query criteria. It sounds as if you have run a DELETE query and as far as I am aware there is no way to get that data back unless you have a backup of the database.

crystalda726

Local time
Today, 06:49
Ummm.....

I don't know what kind of Query I used. I created it with the wizard. I have no backup. Thank you for your help anyway.

ravynfaire

Local time
Today, 03:49
A SELECT query will not affect the data in the table it will merely show the data. An APPEND, UPDATE or DELETE query will affect the data, which meets the query criteria. It sounds as if you have run a DELETE query and as far as I am aware there is no way to get that data back unless you have a backup of the database.

I don't believe this is true because my query is set up as a SELECT query and I just deleted some (non important) information and it deleted it from the table.

I don't know if there is a way to lock the query so you can not make any changes to the rest of the database.

daveUK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:49
ravynfaire - If you mean you created a SELECT query and then deleted records from the results, then yes you will be able to delete data.

The way that I read crystalda726's question was that he/she had created a query, which deleted the data, but maybe I mis-read the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom