Hi from the UK! (1 Viewer)

EssexRich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:12
Hi there,

I've been a lurker on the forum for a while, unashamedly using it for bits of VBA code and I figured it was time to join up and maybe put something back into this awesome community!

Anyway, I've been using Access since version 2, and do quite a lot of development for customers and a lot of personal stuff ("just to see if I can" if you know what I mean).

I work for an IT Support company and developed our call logging system in Access. It logs all our customer data, support calls and responses to support calls, invoices, profitabilty data for support contracts, logs hardware, provides quotes and stores emails, documents etc. So quite a lot of tables and forms!

It publishes client contacts to a Sharepoint address list, our customer notes into Sharepoint, supplier lists in Sharepoint and other bits and pieces.

We use Teamviewer to remotely support our clients and it comes with an SQL database backend. So, we update the data in this from our access db too.

It's all good fun!

Anyway, after all that rambling, just saying hi!

cheers,

Rich

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Hi Rich,

Welcome ... Re: "UK" This is a UK based forum, formerly called "UK Access World Forums" I seam to recall.... now access world forums dropping the "UK" for some reason... Not sure why...

EssexRich

Registered User.
Local time
hehehe good point! I got confused when I looked in the welcome thread and saw others that said hi from the uk and assumed it was a US site (despite the glaringly obvious .co.uk in the domain name!)

Anyway, in that case, Hi from Essex!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome to the forum Rich!

Hi Rich,

Welcome ... Re: "UK" This is a UK based forum, formerly called "UK Access World Forums" I seam to recall.... now access world forums dropping the "UK" for some reason... Not sure why...
Rebranding to open business to the rest of the world ;)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 19:12
It may be based in the UK but there are a whole lot of people who use it from around the world.

But the name of the forums is actually based on the name of the business which owns it - Access World. So Access World Forums is basically another way of saying, the Forums of Access World.

And I don't know Tony about the UK part in the name but since I've been using the board (since 1997, even though my registration date shows 2001) I have only known it as Access World Forums.

(By the way, welcome Rich!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom