Highlight highest vaues in a report column (1 Viewer)

Cal Varchar

Local time
Today, 13:33
Hello...

This is my first post and I hope I haven't violated any protocols, and hope this is an appropriate category to post in. I've been searching for the solution to this for a few days and finally had to face facts, it doesn't SEEM to be out there. Also sorry for my poor English.

Does anyone know of a way to format the highest value in each column in an Access report (from which the screenshot is taken)? This seemed like a relatively simple expectation from Access, but alas the built in conditional formatting won't compare the same-field values in different records, except to highlight every single one of them with a gradient of varying length, which does not serve my needs in this case.

I'm very well versed in Access, but not in VBA, which I suspect this will require, if it's even possible.

I'm expecting a lot from all of the mastery I've seen in these forums over the years. Thank you for reading.

BBReport.png

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:33
i added textbox on the PageFooter section and Hide them.
each textbox on the PageFooter has same formula, Max([ColumnName]).
then i name each textbox by prefixing it with "T", like for column G, TG.
then i apply conditional format on each column (note i made only the first 3 column).

Attachments

• HighestInReport.accdb
    584 KB · Views: 42

Cal Varchar

Local time
Today, 13:33
i added textbox on the PageFooter section and Hide them.
each textbox on the PageFooter has same formula, Max([ColumnName]).
then i name each textbox by prefixing it with "T", like for column G, TG.
then i apply conditional format on each column (note i made only the first 3 column).
SOLVED, as far as I can tell.

Wow....

You've got a new friend. It took me a little time to figure out how you'd done it, but that's brilliant. Simply brilliant.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:33
goodluck, friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom