Hollywood is a Woke Wasteland (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 02:54
Seems that there were quite a few entertainment headlines today. The first that caught my attention: Disney Purging Star Wars, Marvel Woke Agenda. I am not familiar with Cosmic Book News, so I can't say anything about its quality, but here is the short summary:
It's no secret that Disney has been promoting a "woke" agenda in its movies and more, and it's also no secret that the woke agenda has been a huge failure.
Hopefully, the woke agenda may be losing steam.

Amazon cancels TV adaptation of Lain M. Banks' sci-fi Culture series. Banks is unknown to me and I was unaware of what Amazon was planning.

Altered Carbon Cancelled by Netflix: I liked the series, but it was extremely difficult to follow.

First trailer teaser of the new Dune (I guess #3, for those counting) to be released on September 9. I hope this new version is good.

Penny Dreadful: City of Angeles has been thankfully cancelled. The production values were high, but the script was awful. It appeared to be another gratotious pandering to the tired racism trope.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:54
I get fed up with all the new woke stuff coming out. The film or series starts out ok, but before you know it, they just can't leave out the politics. Whether its taking swipes at Trump or pushing left wing views, I just wish they would leave it all alone. Only half their audience will have that political leaning. Nowadays, all media seems to have become infected, just like academic institutions. Keep entertainment for entertainment and academia for learning, not politics. Same goes for sports.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:54
@Steve R. , I wish there was a way I could just "Like" the thread title. It says it all, really.
All I can add about stuff that comes out of Hollywood (and the new generation of content producers like Netflix, etc) is to read this article. It's so sickeningly disgusting, I'll refrain from posting any words about it. The article is enough--almost too much to read. They were gentle in the first few paragraphs...it actually gets worse and worse the lower down you read. I felt like showering afterwards, but I'm better off knowing these things are being done than not knowing.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 02:54
@Isaac: Maybe there is entertainment hope coming with the new Dune. Fingers crossed.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:54
One can hope that someone figures out what to do with Dune, but given that a very large part of it is inside the head of Paul Atriedes as he contemplates the events leading him to his situation of the moment, it's a talk and voice-over fest, which is not always so good on-screen.

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 01:54
I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is, @Steve R. However, I personally believe that California is just a hellhole because Hollywood, for one thing, has created this ""come here to fullfill your dreams"" attitude about the southern part of that state, and as a result of that, what they have are a low about of billionaiires, and the rest very poor people or gangs. and it's no one's fault but their own. They've been promoting that idiocy for the 100+ years, and now they're caught with their pants down. It's no wonder why the common sense people are moving out of there.

and I have no sympathy for them, really. That's exactly what stupidity does for you. If you don't think, eventually you destroy yourself. Just like corporations. It's no wonder corporate folks hate their jobs too. I mean, some of them made the serious mistake of taking their capitalistic nonsense to other countries, those other countries took it and left them in the dust technically because they were seriously smarter, and so they had to catch up to remain competitive with the world. What they didn't plan for obviously, was other countries taking it and getting completely out of control by automating the shit out of everything and not learning the system properly. So what we have now obviously, is a country here in the USA where there still could be a lot of employment opportunities in the corporate world, but yet there isn't because of that huge mistake.

Just an opinion, of course.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:54
@Steve R. , I wish there was a way I could just "Like" the thread title. It says it all, really.
All I can add about stuff that comes out of Hollywood (and the new generation of content producers like Netflix, etc) is to read this article. It's so sickeningly disgusting, I'll refrain from posting any words about it. The article is enough--almost too much to read. They were gentle in the first few paragraphs...it actually gets worse and worse the lower down you read. I felt like showering afterwards, but I'm better off knowing these things are being done than not knowing.
Looks like I wasn't alone in my being sickened and shocked by this movie. I actually read a far, far more detail and explicit description of what actually happens in the movie from another news source, but now it is becoming more broadly publicized and I'm happy for it, hopefully Netflix will undergo some type of punishment or suffering that will teach it a lesson about distributing this kind of garbage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom