How can I make an expression which refferes to a specific date on the current year? (1 Viewer)

Inkognito

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:01
Hi! I have a little VBA-line that needs a bit of changing.
It is part of a bigger procedure that calculates how many boats a company has on their docks.
With this code though, I would have to manually go in and change the date every year.
It should preferabelly be counting from the date April 1st on the current year.
Like #01-04# + Format(Date, "yyyy\") or something (I know this was way off, but you might see what I'm trying to do) :)

Code:
Ut_telleverk = Ut_telleverk + DCount("[Medlemsnr2]", "bestilling_ut", "Nz([Medlemsnr2]) <> chr(48) AND Nz([Dato]) >= #01-04-2009# AND Nz([Dato]) <= Date()")
Help greatly appreciated :)

edit:
This is the part that needs changing to April 1st, current year instead of 2009: #01-04-2009#

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
How about this:

AND Nz([Dato]) Between DateSerial(Year(),4,1) AND Date()

Inkognito

Registered User.
Local time
Ut_telleverk = DCount("[Medlemsnr]", "bestilling_ut", "Nz([Medlemsnr]) <> chr(48) AND Nz([Dato]) Between DateSerial(Year(),4,1) AND Date()")

This line gives me this error though:
"Wrong number of arguments used with function in query expression 'Nz([Medlemsnr]) <> chr(48) AND Nz([Dato]) Between DateSerial(Year(),4,1) AND Date()'"

Last edited:

Inkognito

Registered User.
Local time
Dim Ut_teller_dato as Date
Ut_teller_dato = DateSerial(Year(), 4, 1)

This gives me "Argument is not optional"

Could the DateSerial usage be inaccurate?

edit: DateSerial(Year(Date), 4, 1) works, but now I get "You cancelled the previous operation" when I run dcount...

Still works with #04-01-2010#, but not DateSerial(Year(Date), 4, 1)

Last edited:

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Today, 04:01
I think you have to enclose each condition in your dcount in brackets but I'm not sure - try

(Nz([Medlemsnr]) <> chr(48)) AND (Nz([Dato]) Between DateSerial(Year(),4,1) AND Date())

The error "You canceled the previous operation", I think, means a typo in your code.

Inkognito

Registered User.
Local time
No difference when enclosing it in brackets...
Have to use Year(Date) and not Year() though.

It is working when I am using #Date# instead of Dateserial, so if it is a typo, it would have to be in the DateSerial-part somehow...

Must be another way of creating a date of the current year?

Edit:
No matter how I make the date, I get "You cancelled the previous operation", while #01-04-2010# still works, I don't get this...

Last edited:

Inkognito

Registered User.
Local time
Both Year(now()) and Year(Date) works fine, no problem there :)

But I need to make the date 01/04/[current year]

I just can't seem to get my dcount sentence to accept any other input that a date enclosed in #'s.

c_smithwick

Underpaid Programmer
Local time
When used in a query, the second argument of the Nz function should always be used. From The Access help file:

The Nz function has the following arguments.
First argument - variant A variable of data type Variant.

Second argument - valueifnull [Optional] (unless used in a query). A Variant that supplies a value to be returned if the variant argument is Null. This argument enables you to return a value other than zero or a zero-length string. Note If you use the Nz function in an expression in a query without using the valueifnull argument, the results will be a zero-length string in the fields that contain null values.

If the value of the variant argument is Null, the Nz function returns the number zero or a zero-length string (always returns a zero-length string when used in a query expression), depending on whether the context indicates the value should be a number or a string. If the optional valueifnull argument is included, then the Nz function will return the value specified by that argument if the variant argument is Null. When used in a query expression, the NZ function should always include the valueifnull argument,
If the value of variant isn't Null, then the Nz function returns the value of variant.

Inkognito

Registered User.
Local time
JamesMcS, I just tried actually using Year(Now) instead of Year(date) in the actual sentence, and it worked!! :)
I didn't even try to use it in the actual sentence the last time, as Year(date) and Year(now) made the same output in an msgbox, so I figured they would be the same.

Thanks a lot, JamesMcS and boblarson!! :)

c_smithwick, thanks for your tip too, I figure it could have worked if I included that valueifnull argument somewhere as well, but I had no idea how to use it :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom