How can I search for records in Form? (1 Viewer)

David Ball

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:44
Hi,

I have a form (with a subForm). The main form shows Equipment with the Equipment Number being the main (key) field.
I can use the record selector to click through the records, one by one, and then add information about the relevant piece of Equipment and use the subForm to assign Tests to the Equipment.

If I have a large number of records and don't want to click through them all with the record selector to find a specific form is there a way I can search, by Equipment Number, for a record that I know to be in the database?

I have seen other databases where you can enter a record number into a box, select "Search" and the desired record is found. You can then edit it if required. I would like to be able to this in my database but aren't sure how to set it up.

Thanks very much.

Dave.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:14
Access actually has a very simple way of doing this, requiring no code on your part.
  1. Add a combo box to your form.
  2. The Combobox Wizard will pop up
  3. Select "Find a record based on the value I selected in my combobox."
  4. From the table or query the form is based on, click on the field you're searching by (a field that is unique for each record) to move it to the right side.
  5. Hit Next.
  6. Size the column appropriately.
  7. Hit Next.
  8. Name the combobox.
  9. Hit Finish.
Now you can drop the combobox down and scroll down to the item to search by, or you can start to enter the item, and the combobox will "autofill" as you type. Hit <Enter> and the record will be retrieved.

Linq ;0)>

vdanelia

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:14
In Access 2007 you can search through navigation bar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom