How Do I create a temporary table? (1 Viewer)

Fozi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:34
Hi

I need to create a record source for a report containing calculated fields. Advice I have been given is to do this through creating a temp table from which to serve my report.

Currently I have a control in a Form which has a module generating a value I need for a report but the module cannot work with the report.

Hope I've explained thie right :eek:

Thanks
Frank

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Either create a table from the database window, then delete the contents and reload with current data each time it is used or you could use a make table quiery. Most developers opt for the former. This is executed prior to openeing the report.

Fozi

Registered User.
Local time
Either create a table from the database window, then delete the contents and reload with current data each time it is used or you could use a make table quiery. Most developers opt for the former. This is executed prior to openeing the report.

Thanks Dennisk. Will get onto it.

Frank

WIS

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:34

If you create a make table qry and a delete qry to zero all records before the make table qry is run, then the whole process can be driven from a cmd button. I never let users near the database window as objects can be easily deleted, especially by inexperienced operators.

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:34
No need to creat a delete query for a make table query because data will be deleted automatically each time make table query is run
However you may need it for and append query

WIS

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:34
No need to creat a delete query for a make table query because data will be deleted automatically each time make table query is run
However you may need it for and append query

Yes you are right - the table that the make table qry produces is deleted as the make tbl qry runs.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Are you sure you can't use a simple select query and base the report on the query? You need some complex issues before you need to resort to populating a table to base your report on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom