How do I...Create records by code in table B when a new record is made in table A??? (1 Viewer)

F

farmersckn

I am writing a program that manages magazine subscriptions. For each person who has a subscription, I want to create records in a table called Available, representing a magazine that is available to pickup. So... whenever I receive the magazines, I create a record in my Inventory table:

Date
Magazine Name
Amount

So for each customer that has a Subscription:

Customer
Magazine Name
Amount

I want to create an Available, to say that their subscription is Available to pick up:

Subscription
Date
Picked Up

Confused?

Hope not...

Basically heres my process...
OH!!! I've received 100 TIME magazines dated Jan 1st 2001.
Enter: Jan 1st 2001 TIME Magazine Received, 100 Copies.
Lets go through my active subscriptions...
For each subscription to TIME magazine, create an "AVAILABLE" record...

Now, when a customer comes to me to pickup his magazine, I can check off the Picked Up field of the Available record that I created when his order (and many other customer's) order came in.

Hope that is understandable. I don't know how to do Access. In another language, I know that there would probably be an event like RECORD_CREATE or something that i could just respond to... but I dont' know where in Access.

Sandre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:09
I asked a very similar question just last week and those lovely people out there told me I needed an Append Query. So do a search on Append Query and there's loads of useful stuff!

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom